1) The Government of Karnataka as a part of reforms in Power sector has unbundled the Transmission and Distribution Activities in the state.
2) Consequently, HESCOM was incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 on 30-04-2002.
3) The company started its operation w.e.f., 01-06-02 with an objective to distribute electricity more efficiently and economically.
4) The Company has geographical jurisdiction over 7 Districts comprising of Dharwad, Belgaum, Gadag, Haveri, Uttarkannada, Bagalkot and Bijapur.
5) The Company is presently operating through 2 Zones, 7 Circles and 21 O&M Divisions with an area of 54513 Sq. Kms & population of over 1.66 Crs.